BID SUMISSION FORM
BELGRADE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
SCHOOL DISTRICT NO.44
BELGRADE, MT 59714
Date: July 14, 2022
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Belgrade Public Schools is accepting sealed bids as specified in this document. Sealed bids will be received at the District Administrative Office:
312 North Weaver Street
Belgrade, Montana 59714
Bid Deadline: Bids must be received on or before 4:00 P.M., Friday, August 5, 2022.
Bids must be received on or before 4 P.M., Friday, August 5, 2022 at the District Administration Office (312 N. Weaver). All bids will be publicly opened and read in the Administration Board Room (308 N. Broadway) during the Board's regular monthly meeting on Monday, August 8, 2022 @ 6 P.M. Bids shall be addressed to Carrie Fisher, District Clerk.
BID ENVELOPES SHALL BE PLAINLY MARKED AS FOLLOWS:
SEALED BID FOR BREAD PRODUCTS - DO NOT OPEN EARLIER THAN August 8, 2022
Any bid received later than the specified time, whether delivered in person or mailed, shall be disqualified.
The District reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to accept any bid deemed most advantageous to the Belgrade Public Schools and to waive any informalities in bidding. Bids or proposals must be valid for at least 90 days and the District reserves the right to accept a second vendor, without re-bidding or re-advertising, if the first selected vendor fails to deliver.
SCOPE OF THE BID: It is the intention of the School District to establish an annual contract for the milk products for the 2022-2023 School year as listed in Appendix A “Milk Bid”. All items are to be manufactured, handled and distributed in accordance with State, County and City laws and regulations.
SCOPE OF THE BID (continued): Estimated annual expenditure for said products is approximately $125,000. This estimate, however, should not be construed to be a guarantee of either minimum or maximum bid amounts awarded.
ESCALATOR / DE-ESCALATOR CLAUSE: All prices shall be firm for thirty (30) days from the date of the bid opening, after which the price of milk may escalate or de-escalate in accordance with changes in raw milk to the manufacturer. At no time will the price be changed without at least two weeks notice prior to such change.
A copy of the Class I Raw Milk Price Change Notification issued by the State of Montana will support milk price increases. For each full $ .30 per hundred weight increase or decrease, the milk price for the School District shall increase or decrease
$ _______________ per half-pint of milk. (Insert Amount)
The cost of raw milk used for the submission of this bid is $___________________ hundred-weight. Escalation or de-escalation shall be referenced to this base cost per hundredweight.
CANCELLATION: The School District reserves the right to cancel this contract upon 30 days written notice to the contractor. The contractor may be released from this contract or any portion thereof should conditions unforeseeable occur.
NON ASSIGNABLE CONTRACT: This contract shall be between the School District and the selected contractor. The service provided in this agreement shall not be further assigned to another agency, except by express permission from the School District.
In the event of any breach of this agreement by the contractor, the School District shall be entitled to recover from the contractor all damages together with reasonable attorney's fee and any court costs.
DELIVERY SITES AND SPECIFICATIONS: All school facilities shall be provided with milk products in accordance with this bid document. Products must be coded at the time of delivery to identify the last permissible day of use. No product will be delivered or accepted that does not provide at least three days of remaining shelf life. Product packages must be clean and free of spilled milk. Milk products will be delivered and placed in milk coolers and/or walk-in coolers at the following Belgrade Public Schools:
- Belgrade High School Kitchen – 303 North Hoffman
- Belgrade Middle School Kitchens – 421 Spooner
- Ridge View Elementary Kitchen – 117 Greenbelt Drive
- Saddle Peak Elementary Kitchen – 400 Jackrabbit Lane
- Story Creek Elementary – 807 Bolinger Road
FREQUENCY OF DELIVERIES: Milk products will be delivered two (2) times per week as ordered by the cook in each kitchen. Deliveries must be made between 6-7:30am.
CREDIT ISSUED FOR EXTRA PRODUCT: Extra product is to be picked up at each kitchen before Christmas vacation, spring break and the last day of school with credit to be issued.
BID SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS. The following instructions and conditions are applicable to this bid.
- The bidder will list its bid price for products listed in Appendix A “Milk Bid”. In addition to this, the bidder must also fill in the two amounts listed in the Escalator / De-Escalator Clause of this bid document.
- Bidders should read the entire set of specifications carefully, as these will form the basis of the contractual agreement with the School District. Failure to comply with the specification may provide grounds for termination of the contract agreement.
- Bids shall be considered only from Bidders who, in the judgment of the District, are regularly established in business, financially responsible, able to show evidence of satisfactory past performance, and ready, willing, and able to render prompt and satisfactory services.
- The District may request other information sufficient to determine the bidder's ability to meet the minimum standards listed above. Requests for information contained in this section also may occur at any other time during the effective period of this contract.
- The Contractor shall observe all safety precautions throughout the performance of this contract and shall assume full responsibility and liability for compliance with all applicable regulations pertaining to the health and safety of personnel during the execution of work and shall hold the School District harmless for any action on the contractor's part or that of its employees that results in illness, injury, or death.
The Board of Trustees of Belgrade School District No. 44, also known as Belgrade Public Schools, will receive sealed bids for purchase of milk products for the 2022-2023 School Year.
Bid specifications may be obtained from the District Administration Office:
Debe Brady, District Food Service Director
312 North Weaver Street
Belgrade, Montana 59714
Office # (406)924-2516
Bids will be open at 12 PM on the 15th of July 2022. Bids must be received on or before 4 P.M., Friday, August 5, 2022 at the District Administration Office (312 N. Weaver). All bids will be publicly opened and read in the Administration Board Room (308 N. Broadway) during the Board's regular monthly meeting on Monday, August 8, 2022 @ 6 P.M.. Bids shall be addressed to Carrie Fisher, District Clerk.
The Board reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids in whole or part. The Board also reserves the right to waive any formalities without cause and without explanation to any bidders.
Belgrade School District No. 44
Frank Stock, Chair of the Board
Bid Sheet for Milk Products
Fiscal Year 2022-2023
Name of Bidder:
Delivery Days (Fresh):
|Skim Chocolate Milk
|1% White Milk
|Skim White Milk
This Bid, if accepted, will be honored for the 2022-2023 School Year in accordance with the calendar received.
Bids will be open at 12 PM on the15th of July 2022. Bids must be received on or before 4 P.M., Friday, August 5, 2022 at the District Administration Office (312 N. Weaver). All bids will be publicly opened and read in the Administration Board Room (308 N. Broadway) during the Board's regular monthly meeting on Monday, August 8, 2022 @ 6 P.M.