In-District Waiver (Board Policy 3129P)
Attendance boundaries determine the school that students attend based on their physical primary residence. While transfers between schools are allowed under special circumstances, students normally attend the school within the attendance boundary in which they reside.
Students who move out of a school's designated boundary:
- Students whose families change residence during the school year may complete the school year at the school currently being attended (if space is available). The student is expected to attend the school appropriate to the parents' new residence for the following school year. However, families may also choose to request a student waiver to the previously attended school and in such a case shall be given second priority.
Reasons an approved transfer request may be denied:
- If a student's transfer request is approved but the established transfer criteria are violated, the District may deny the student's transfer and require that the child immediately return to his/her neighborhood campus.
- If a transfer student is denied, the student is ineligible for another transfer during the remainder of the current school year as well as the next school year.
Reasons for a transfer denial may include but shall not be limited to:
- No space available in the program or at the campus, growth rate of the campus, or requires employment of additional staff
- Student did not/is not passing their classes.
- Student has incurred 3 or more unexcused absences, has incurred excused absences equal to or greater then 5% of the total days during which a student has bene enrolled, or tardies - student has incurred excessive unexcused tardies defined as: late on 5 or more days (elementary)
- The student has been suspended or expelled, has 2 or more discipline referrals, wishes to avoid disciplinary action as his/her current school.
- Falsification of information on school documents.
- Denial of previous transfer.
- Any other condition the Superintendent deems necessary or appropriate.
Please read the rest of the In-District Waiver to be filled out, signed, and returned.
Please contact the administrative office if you have additional questions regarding the information on this page, or If you are experiencing difficulty accessing the information on this page. Please call 406-924-2492.