Meet at the Middle February Newsletter
- FEBRUARY 2ND
- PTK MTG - 7PM BMS LIBRARY
- FEBRUARY 8TH
- FEBRUARY 15TH
- PRESIDENTS DAY - NO SCHOOL
- FEBRUARY 22ND - 26TH
In this newsletter, you will find information about Registration Week, Instructional Remediation plans, Spelling Bee, as well as a refresher on the District's Inclement Weather Policies. There will also be some helpful words from our counselors and yearbook information.
If you are a Remote Learner, please review your remote learning expectations. If you are not meeting Remote Learning expectations, you will be asked to return to in person learning. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate an unprecedented year.
ATTENDANCE LINE 924-2297
- Principal: Julie Mickolio 924-2258
- Vice Principal 5/6th: Ruben Moreno 924-2510
- Vice Principal 7/8th: Dave Smith 924-2274
- Holly Vauter 924-2207
- Lacey Simon 924-2200
- Tana Freeman 924-2259,
- 8th Grade - Emily Morani 924-2286
- 7th Grade - Sara Hickock 924-2283
- 6th Grade - Carey Moline 924-2248
- 5th Grade - Rich Needham 924-45
Gabby Wells and Lilian Tirrell for competing and winning the Patriot's Pen Essay contest. These outstanding students answered the question "What does Patriotism Mean to Me?" The girls won $300 and $100 for their efforts. Congratulations Gabby and Lily!
Wrestling begins February 8th. Practices will be held in the High School Wrestling room from 6pm-7:15pm. Please call our Athletic Secretary at 924-2207 with any questions.
If your student has fallen below grade level standards, there are plans in the works for remediation classes. When days and times become finalized, parents will be contacted if your student is in need.
Registration for all Middle School grades will be the week of February 22nd - 26th. Course descriptions will be given to your student before registration.
This year's Spelling Bee will be different due to COVID accommodations. Students will be taking a spelling test in class, and the top spellers will be contacted to see if they would like to compete at the next level. Then another test will be given to determine who will represent BMS.
Please send any candid shots you have of your student, especially at games, or with friends this year to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INCLEMENT WEATHER PROCEDURES
Projected Low Temperatures
- (WindChill Considered)
- -30 Below Bus Service Cancelled, but school is in session.
- -40 Below School Cancelled
Delay Start If:
- Dangerous Conditions are expected to improve in the interim. (ex: snow, black ice, fog, temp)
- Breakfast will not be served.
- Dismissal at Normal time.
Love is in the air! This year we are asking you to be your own Valentine by practicing self-love. As humans we are sometimes our own harshest critics, but putting yourself down and comparing yourself to others is only going to leave you feeling worse. Self-love is the act of treating yourself with kindness, recognizing your strengths and forgiving yourself for your mistakes. The relationship you have with yourself is the most important relationship you will ever have, so give these self-love strategies a try and see how you feel!
- Choose to be your own best friend. Replace your inner critic with a positive voice that compassionately coaches you through the up and downs of life. Be kind to yourself and give yourself daily reminders of why you are important and wonderful.
- Surround yourself with positive support. Free yourself from unhealthy relationships. Let go of relationships that seem to bring nothing but drama. Set healthy boundaries, say "no" when you need to, and create space for joy and love in your life. Spend time with people who believe in you and want the best for you.
- Practice self care. Take care of both your mind and your body. Get lots of rest and exercise and practice good nutrition to take care of your body. Take care of your mind by doing things that make you happy, take the time each day to relax and fill your mind with positive thoughts.