Early this week, the IT Director was able to finalize an agreement with Infinite Campus to procure, begin training and implement online registration within the Belgrade School District. Some of the key features include:
- Online forms for district use which will dovetail into our current Infinite Campus system
- Pre-populated screens to current or new parents to allow them to register or update information
- “Save my work” functionality for parents
- Easy-to-use staff and student processing tools
- Reporting on applications and enrollment status
- Multi-language editor
These new features will allow the district to ditch the paper-intensive process, eliminate duplicate data entry by our staff and can continue growing our sustainability initiatives (eco-friendly) within the district by significantly reducing the paper used.
Starting next week the IT division will begin training and then put that training to use by creating the first computer use policy for parents and students. This online form will allow parents and students to sit in the comfort of their own home and go thru the policies, guidelines and best practices for computer and Internet use in their schools. Once that has been completed we’ll work with the front office to begin the online forms for new families coming to the district and then we’ll begin to work with each of the leaders in the district to see how the new features can facilitate their respective arenas. Stay tuned for more information!