Is your child turning 5 during this coming school year?
Could your child use some help preparing for school?
Take a look at this—
The program is Waterford UPSTART and it is FREE to both families and school districts. This program is funded through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education called Education, Innovation, Research (EIR).
WHAT FAMILIES WILL RECEIVE
- Research-based, award-winning reading and math/science instruction delivered to each child for 15-20 minutes daily
- Weekly family support through a family education liaison to encourage the family through literacy knowledge, preparation for supporting a school-age child, and usage tracking.
- All necessary hardware, software and infrastructure for each family (including a Dell laptop for each family, software, and internet when needed)
- Software licenses for all children in the home, including those who are not participating in the program directly, but may need additional reading, math, and science support.
- Pre/Post Assessment and effectiveness research.
HOW TO GET YOUR FAMILIES INVOLVED
- Contact me, Isaac Troyo, your Waterford.Org Montana Representative at IsaacTroyo@waterford.orgor call me directly at 801-833-6536.
- Families can register for Waterford UPSTART directly by completing the pre-registration form online at www.waterfordupstart.org [waterfordupstart.org]or by calling 1-888-982-9898.
- To be eligible, children must have a birth date that falls between: 09/11/2015 – 09/10/2016
This grant is focused on providing these services to 200 children in Montana this year and 400 children next year. There are still slots available for the 2020-2021 school year.
You are welcome to contact Danni McCarthy (email@example.com ) for a flyer or if you have additional questions.