District Wellness Policy
The Belgrade School District is committed to providing a school environment that promotes and protects student health, well-being, and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity.
The District believes that for students to have the opportunity to achieve personal, academic, developmental and social success, it needs to create a positive, safe and health-promoting learning environment. Therefore, it is the policy of the Belgrade School District to develop, adopt, and implement a comprehensive plan for a thorough, well-coordinated school wellness program.
This policy outlines the District's approach to ensuring environments and opportunities for all students to practice healthy eating and physical activity behaviors throughout the school day. This policy establishes goals and procedures to ensure that:
- Students in the District have access to healthy foods throughout the school day - both through reimbursable school meals and other foods available throughout the school campus - in accordance with Federal and state nutrition standards;
- Students receive nutrition education that helps them develop lifelong healthy eating behaviors;
- Schools engage in nutrition and physical activity promotion and other activities that promote student wellness;
- School staff are encouraged to practice healthy nutrition and physical activity behaviors in and out of school; and
- The District supports an ongoing wellness committee committed to promoting student & staff wellness.
This policy applies to all students, staff and schools in the District.