Welcome to the Belgrade High School Library Media Center!
Montana School Library Media Program Description
- The school library media program is essential in creating independent learners who are efficient consumers and producers of information. By using a variety of information formats, focusing on the learning process and collaborating with other disciplines, school libraries provide the entire school community with opportunities to acquire the information skills they need to interact responsibly in a global society. An ongoing desire to know, a love for reading and a respect for information will transform a student into a lifelong independent learner. The role of libraries in a democratic society is to embrace the social responsibility of learning.
Card Catalog Tutorials:
Other Libraries & Museums
General Reference Resources:
Atlases & Maps:
Writing & Grammar Help:
Science & Health:
Social Studies & The Humanities:
Digital Archives of Interest
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 3: 50 pm
Fridays: 8:00am – 3:20 pm
*If we are forced to adjust our hours due to unforeseen circumstances, a notice will be placed on our commons-facing doors.
NEW COVID-19 Operating Procedures:
*Protocols are subject to change as our school’s COVID-19 status shifts.
- Only 10 patrons may use the library at a time, unless visiting us with a teacher.
- Patrons visiting during instructional time MUST sign in AND bring a pass (unless with a teacher).
- ALL patrons MUST mask-up and sanitize upon entry.
- No food or beverages are allowed, including water.
- "The Stacks" are NOW OPEN!!! (with the following precautions)
- One person may browse the books at a time.
- "Gel up" before and after entering the stacks.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Look at book covers only; please do not flip through pages.
- Place ALL touched items on the green cart for sanitizing.
- Please use our online library card catalog to search for books, place holds, and renew materials as needed.
Card Catalog Login Information:
User Name: school username (ex: 23jdoe)
PW: school ID/lunch number (ex: 123456)
Place items in the appropriate “quarantine” bin next to the library circulation desk.
*As per state guidelines, all books must be quarantined for at least 72 hours before library staff can touch items. Due Dates will be adjusted accordingly.
Melanie Korthas, Head Teacher
Emily Nelson, Teacher Librarian
Brenda Gallagher, Library Aide
Independent Reading & Book Reviews:
Resource Evaluation Strategies:
Citation Help & Avoiding Plagiarism:
MLA Formatting Help:
APA Formatting Help:
Helpful Research Tips & Strategies:
Planning & Focusing the Search:
Doing the Research & Taking Notes:
Presenting Research Results:
Reviewing the Results: